What is the best motorcycle helmet? This is a common question when you are going to buy one. A helmet can save your life during an unwanted bike accident. Head injury is a major cause of immediate death. So you should use a helmet which can safe life from any unnecessary head injuries & accidents. According to the motorbikers, the budget is not a fact for choosing a strong and quality full helmet. Here is is the 12 best motorcycle helmet under 200
In this review, we will discuss the best motorcycle helmet under 200 dollars. Those all are very cheap motorcycle helmets in 2020.
Read also: Best Baby Safety Helmet Reviews
1. Storm Motorcycle Helmet Review: Modular Full-Face Helmet
- Full face design: Its full-face design enclosed your entire head, keeping you safe and secure. Whether it is a massive sunny day or a rainy day, no matter what weather it is, you will always remain safe at any weather. Moreover, you will find this helmet quieter than any other full-face helmet.
- High build and accessories: The build quality is astonishing. The shaded inner visor is easy to pop down and pop back up on the move. The modular flip-up also clicks securely into place, if it’s not locked shut it’ll tilt up a little in a noticeable fashion until you close it.
- Exclusive ventilation system: It features 2 front and 2 top adjustable vent switches. Thus a rider can adjust the airflow during air intake and exhaust time. Also, it is made of aerodynamic thermoplastic that makes it lightweight and durable than other cheap motorcycle helmets.
- Advanced modular: In this helmet, the modular work seamlessly. You need not take off a full helmet from your head while talking to someone or doing any other task. All you need to do is, simply flip up the front portion. While doing this, don’t worry about blocking the high wind or sunlight because inner smoked lenses are ready to keep you secured.
2. LS2 Stream Snake Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
- High durable shield: Riders are speaking of aerodynamic kinetic polymer a lot, and this material created a buzz over the motorcycle helmet industry. This helmet is made of this highly durable material. It will take your full attention due to its unique design and lightweight feature.
- Includes sweat absorbing fabric: During a sunny day, riders generally sweat a lot because of the oppressive heat. It features an inner fabric that absorbs sweats quickly. Thus, sweats can’t come off the front glass and unable to create a visibility problem. If you are looking for a built-in, drop-down sun-shield on a DOT and ECE approved full-face best motorcycle helmet under $200, this helmet is one of the choicest one.
- Removable and washable liner: If you found that the liner gets dirty, don’t hesitate to open it. Give a great hand wash using detergent powder and warm water. And don’t give it a dryer flow, provide an air dry. And attach it again to enjoy a great experience.
- 3D laser cut cheek pads: Cheek pads are cut using LS2’s 3D Laser Cutting Tool. This allows a contoured cut for a better fit and no hot spots.
3. Bell Qualifier Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Comfortable wearing: This piece of the helmet is easy to wear without any hassle. This helmet will provide excellent protection and perfectly adequate levels of comfort. After wearing a few times, this helmet will adjust in your face creating no concern. Even you will not feel any pressing wearing this helmet. It is very comfortable and a great deal for the price.
- Uniquely built: This helmet looks and feels great. The pad will ideally form to your head, and you will feel softer than ever. The padding snaps in and out quickly if you want to wash it. The vents and visor are easy to manipulate, even with gloves on.
- Incredible ventilation and protection: The ventilation system is very amazing. With the vents open, you can feel a breeze coming through the top vents and the chin vent. It meets all standards of DOT and ECE. Its Polycarbonate / ABS shell confirms high security against any impact.
4. HJC CL-17 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Sober design: This helmet is well-made with sober design. What is your head size? Is it Neutral, Oval or Round? Wave your hand to your tension regarding head size and purchase the best budget motorcycle helmet 2020 that fits on your head with no concern. You can’t go wrong purchasing this helmet.
- Safe and comfortable: Comparing to the similarly priced helmet, you can’t beat this helmet because of its safe and comfortable feature. Most riders give priority to these features, and that makes it the most popular helmets of 2020. You will never feel uncomfortable wearing it as it has an exclusive advanced channeling ventilation system, full front-to-back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.
- Anti-bacterial wicking interior: Do you feel irritated when your helmet inner gets wet and lousy smell coming? This helmet will release you from this annoying moment. Its removable and washable cheek pads and liner will give you a unique experience of riding. Even you can interchange all sizes of cheek pads in all helmet sizes.
5. TORC Men’s Full Face Helmet
- Value-adding helmet: Are you looking for a value helmet that is comfortable, reasonably quiet, has a high drop-down sunshade system, the visor is very fog resistant. Don’t look for any other helmets except this crazy motorcycle helmet introduced by TORC. A great helmet on a budget on top of being an all-around good helmet for the money it comes in 20 different color options!
- Affordable and stylish feature: This helmet is extremely comfortable to wear, and it’s right to size. The drop-down visor will eliminate the need for sunglasses during the day ride. Also, the vent system helps to keep you fresh while you ride and works wonderfully. Your friend will start feeling jealous because of its sturdy and edgy look.
- Bluetooth system: It has an installed Bluetooth communicator. Holds the earphones high. You simply need to mount the communicator nearer the back of the helmet because of the visor sliding button. You will love the integrated tinted visor too.
6. Torc t14b Helmet Review: Full Face Helmet
- Impressive design: It is a well-designed and functional-looking helmet. The sharp angles are conducive to design and flow well across the helmet. Bluetooth knob in a right. Be careful with the knob because it could break if you are not cautious under the gloved hand.
- Bluetooth: This is a great “entry-level” Bluetooth helmet that any owner would be happy to own. The speakers are adequate. The max volume is loud enough for even a loud bike.
- Comfortable, protective and confirms safety: The helmet is true to size. The chin strap is not invasive and will fit comfortably under your chin. Acceptable weight comparing to the standard full-face helmet. The padding is adequate and durable too. The helmet holds firm to the head when appropriately strapped with a minimal head shake. This would be a good buy if you are looking to save some money but still have excellent protection for your dome piece.
7. LS2 Helmets 569-3014 Track Solid Open Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Controllable shield system: It features a built-in twin shield system sun shield that makes it easy to control how much air and light you want at the push of a button. Thus you can control the airflow whenever you need it. When it’s hot outside, it’s incredible to lift the shield and get some air when you’re stopped at a light or filling the tank.
- Exclusive security system: This helmet provides topmost security to your head both outside and inside. To ensure the protection, it has a quick-release strap, reinforced chin strap, multi-density EPS. Its unique EPS liner will match any head size.
- Open face ¾ design: It is a combined of several safety features that will keep you safe from any claustrophobic feeling. It has a built-in sunscreen that makes it most popular among the riders.
7. TORC T1 Unisex-Adult Retro Full-face-Helmet
- Retro style helmet: A retro-style helmet full-face helmet, but has much better downward and peripheral visibility than other full-face helmets. This helmet will give you comfortable, light, excellent visibility. It is more open-face than modern-style helmets that will provide you with a better feeling of freedom riding down the open road. All you need to keep your eyes on the size. Because T1 helmets are Retro style and usually run a size larger than what you would typically wear for a motorcycle helmet, if you are generally as large, I am recommending to order a Medium.
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch shield: Do you fear riding your motorcycle in a foggy environment? Wave your hands to your fear and shake with this TORC T1 Unisex Full Face Adult Retro helmet. It’s anti-fog, and anti-scratch shield will give you the strength to feel safe and secure in a high speed too.
- Adjustable ventilation system: This helmet fits very well, and the quality is excellent. It has ventilation that can be adjusted. The opening will give you a broad panoramic view, and you will feel more like an open-faced helmet plus it has a bit of a retro look.
8. HJC IS-33 II Open-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Notable construction: It is made of polycarbonate shell that makes it a lightweight motorcycle helmet. While riding, you will not find any material or plastic is hanging in front of your eyes because of faulty instruction. The helmet is sized correctly and is comfortable. The lining is thick, and you can remove it for washing. The overall safety and comfort of this helmet are well worth it.
- Excellent vents: The top vents allow good circulation and cooling of air in the hot sun. Riders love to get air while riding a long drive. This helmet will give you the pleasure to feel the breeze.
- Crystal clear visibility: Do you want excellent visibility when you are in traffic or riding a long drive on a highway? Its large port will let you see a long-distance vehicle or object with no problem. Also, if you love to wear glass during a ride, this helmet will let you do so because it is designed such a way so that you can wear sunglasses.
9. ILM Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet
- Quick-release strap: It comes with a good quality quick release strap, and the clasp itself is metal, so you will never dislike it. Also, it comes with the advertised smoked visor and clear visor as well as the neck scarf for winter. The overall value and comfort you will get for the price can’t really be beaten.
- Stylistic yet simple: The visor gives you a vast, tall & field of view. You do not need here having to look through the porthole. Venting is good, especially for having three forward vents. Even a low speed will provide you with a decent flow of air to minimize fogging and provide comfort.
- Spacious chin bar and comfortable inner material: The spacious chin bar allows plenty of room. The inside padding is your typical foam padding covered with a nice felt liner. It is very comfortable, and the side pads can be removed for easy washing.
10. ILM Motorcycle Dual Visor Flip up Modular Full Face Helmet
- Interchangeable pads: This helmet comes with a feature of the removable and interchangeable top liner and ear liners. It has a lot of benefits due to this feature. It will help you get rid of the uncomfortable fitting. Also, while cleaning the inner portion, remove them and clean it with ease.
- Chin curtain: The chin strap covers the release button. However, don’t wrinkle your eyes because it is removable. This curtain is protecting the release button from cold and wind while riding. Give a gentle press to the button; the chin guard will flip up to expose your face.
- Battery case: A unique feature of this motorcycle is, it has battery case and LED light that will alert the drivers about the rider’s presence, especially in the dark. The light has several modes, each of which can be accessed by pressing the power button in a different sequence. The battery for the rear LED light is located on the underside of the helmet where the helmet meets the base of the neck. The helmet takes 2 AAA batteries, and the batteries can be easily replaced when they are depleted.
11. Triangle Motorcycle Helmet: Modular Dual Visor
- Durable PC anti-scratch visor: This feature makes this helmet unique from another motorcycle helmet. It means any kind of tiny object can’t create any single spot to the visor and you will have a fresh visor always. The removable DVS system and pin lock are additional features that are confirming durability.
- Budget-priced helmet: This budget-priced helmet is pretty solid. The clicks and mechanics for the modular face are enormous. Visibility is perfect, and the shield is not distorted like some cheap motorcycle helmets. The quick-release chin strap is a nice touch. The aesthetics and color are great.
- Exceptional protection: This helmet confirms all DOT guidelines and establishing excellent safety and security against many head and neck injury. The modular – you can lift the front to get a drink, slide the sunshade down if the sun is in your eyes, flip the clear visor up and down for air, etc. This is the best helmet for the price available.
Is $200 a good budget?
What will you answer, if one asks you why did you make your budget under $200 for a lifesaving helmet? Are you wrinkling your eyes and thinking? Do you believe you can purchase the best motorcycle helmet under 200 dollars? Anyway, no worries, let me help you.
Face it, “$200 and under” is considered a mid-range budget. Also, an under $200 helmet will be worthy in terms of value-adding price. Yet, within this budget, your choice has become narrow. But for motorcycle helmets under $200 is a reasonable budget.
Motorcycle helmets price depends on 2 factors, quality, and model. It will please you to learn that, within this affordable below $200 budget, your purchased helmet will confirm all essential safety equipment without fail.
You need not worry about sizes also because they are available in different sizes to comfort you while wearing.
Do you need a matte black motorcycle with Bluetooth or a full face or open face? No worries. Within this affordable under $200 budget, you can buy a well-build helmet as per your requirement.
Even they are available with few features that it will amaze you like
- Couple equipment.
- Built-in Bluetooth.
- Suede lining.
- Specialty shields.
- Speaker booths.
And to name a few.
Overall, you will never regret buying motorcycle helmets under $200. These helmets will keep you safe on the road, and you need not break your bank.
Do I Need to Wear a Helmet?
Give me an answer, why don’t you need to wear a hat during a motorcycle ride? You may say, riding without a helmet is a thrilling experience, or I prefer fresh air and many answers, etc. But are all these things more important than your life? No, right? So, to keep yourself safe, wearing a helmet is mandatory.
Motorcycles are much intended to face accidents than cars. And it surrounds motorcycle riders with less protection. So, the risk of injury is more on a motorcycle. While riding, if a motorcyclist wears a hat, the chance of getting injured reduces a lot. Thus, you are not leading yourself to death or any medication.
You will wonder after looking at the below statistics by the U.S. Department of Transportation and The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Helmets are nearly 38% effective in reducing significant loss because of accidents.
- A motorcyclist who doesn’t love to wear a helmet she/he suffers significant head injury around 40% more than a helmeted motor rider.
Head injuries that happen because of a motorcycle crash can lead you to death. Wearing a helmet, you will be secure from an eye injury, a distraction from any dust, and many more.
You may think you will hear less wearing a helmet. But the fact is, helmets reduce the wind noise. Also, it can improve your hearing by streamlining your head and ear. This allows the rider to hear other sounds. And the quietest motorcycle helmet under $200 is available in the stores.
Now, you will not have any confusion about wearing a motorcycle helmet while riding.
Type of Motorcycle Helmet
Motorcycles helmets are available in 6 major types
|Full-face helmet|| i) Full coverage around your head and neck.|
ii) Chin bar that makes it different from other helmets.
iii) Ventilation feature to evaporate sweat. During winter, you can close the ventilation system.
iv) Built-in Bluetooth speaker.
|Moduler (flip up helmet)|| i) You can open the front of the helmet because it has a flappable chin bar and visor.|
ii) Eye protection feature provided by the visor.
iii) The flip-up front area has an extra designed hinge.
iv) Fog will not affect the visor because it has an anti-fogging coating.
|Open face (3/4) helmet|| i) It will give coverage to the top back and sides of your head.|
ii) To feel the wind, the face area is open. Highly suitable for wind lovers.
iii) It will protect Your eyes and face from sunlight because of full-face visors.
|Half helmet|| i) It will protect your head and forehead because of extra coverage.|
ii) The back of your neck and ears receive more protection.
iii) Less technological features available, like Bluetooth speakers.
Off-road (Dirt Bike, Motocross, or MX) Helmet
|i) Suitable to ride on the streets or dirt roads. ii) It provides better airflow because of its giant visor and much-accentuated chin bar. iii) Combination of fiberglass, Kevlar, and carbon fiber.|
|Dual-sport (Crossover, ADV, Hybrid, Enduro) Helmet|| i) Combination of an off-road helmet and a full-face helmet.|
ii) Great eye protection feature.
iii) Better soundproofing.
What is the Best Type of Motorcycle Helmet for me?
Are you looking for a maximum level of security? If YES, then you should go for an entire-face helmet. A whole-face helmet can give you maximum protection to your head, neck, and face. These helmets are weighty and less stylish than other helmet types. But in terms of safety and security, won’t you give favor to these two features?
Other types of helmets are providing a different level of security.
However, choose a helmet that is offering excellent protection, complete functionality, and baroque style.
Top Motorcycle Helmet Brands
I made this section to give you a piece of depth information while purchasing you should look for these brands. I didn’t create an-order because all brands are outstanding.
Their helmets confirm your protection. DOT and SNELL provide the approval to their majority helmets. They introduced a perfect-face helmet first to the motorcycle helmet industry. They are unique in manufacturing versatile ventilation systems and fitted interiors.
They started their business in 1971 and manufacturing only helmets. Since 1992, they are the number # 1 helmet manufacturing brand in North America. They never compromise on quality, comfortability, and affordability. I well know they are well for their wide range of helmets started from mid to long-range.
AGV Bike Helmet
It is a renowned Italian brand, and every biker is a fan of this brand. This famous brand expanded its popularity in the world because of its special design. Along with the helmet, they also manufacture motorcycle seats made of leather. They received both DOT and ECE certification.
ILM Helmet Brand
ILM manufacturer is famous because of its durable and lightweight motorcycle helmets. Also, their manufactured helmets are looking and available in different sizes. A rider will not face wind noise during riding because of its streamlined design. Besides helmets, they are well-known for gloves, jackets, riding goggles and many more.
Professionals recommend this brand as their newly designed helmets are available with additional features like the dual visor and many more. A specialty of their helmets is, they are UV protective, sturdy design and lightweight, and full-faced.
Most of the LS2 helmets are made of titanium material that makes it lightweight and longer-lasting. Their helmet features accurate ventilation systems, and sub shields are nice and thick. Their helmets meet ECE or DOT guidelines.
TRIANGLE Helmet Brand
Triangle top brand comes with a full-face helmet that is DOT approved. Their helmets can ensure high pressure because they used advanced ABS material to manufacture their helmet. Most of their helmets are affordable in price and available in small, medium, large, X Large sizes.
This Tokyo based helmet manufacturer is not only famous in the USA but also they have a huge market in the global marketplace. Their main feature is; they manufacture the strongest but the lightest helmet.
A professional racer is the owner of this brand. Around the world, this brand has over 5000 retailers, and their helmets are prevalent in Europe. Their unique design focuses on several safety measures.
Guide to Pick the Best Motorcycle Helmet Under 200
Buying a motorcycle helmet means you are protecting yourself. Don’t become a fool purchasing a motorcycle helmet that can’t keep you safe. Now the question is, how will you understand which motorcycle helmet is the best one. A lot of factors are essential while choosing the sturdiest helmet.
1. DOT and SNEL Certification: A mandatory and top factor you need to take care of. A helmet that has DOT and SNEL certification means it has all the safety equipment available. Yet, DOT certification is standard for all helmets, but SNEL certification is hard to get. To get this certificate, a brand has to go through several active examination processes. Very few brands can gain this certificate.
2. Comfortability, head size: Whoever loves to go a long ride, a perfect helmet that fits are important. Most of the riders hate to wear a helmet because of the uncomfortable and unfitted helmet conditions. So, while buying a helmet, measure your head size first. If you purchase it online, check the size. If it doesn’t fit on your head after purchasing and if you feel uncomfortable, return it and ask for the replacement.
3. Visibility: While riding, a rider not only looks ahead of his road, he has to look beside his/her vehicles. Features like shields and goggles are great to have in a helmet. These features are great to help you see and it will also protect your eyes from any debris or insects.
4. Aesthetics: Don’t you like to see yourself cool with your bike in a photograph? I am sure; you are nodding. Even who doesn’t know how to ride a motorcycle she/he also loves to take photographs with a motorcycle? Aesthetics is a great way to show how cool you are. So intently look at design and aesthetics. You can add stickers later to give a cool look to your motorcycle. But don’t let yourself show overcool, adding unnecessary design.
5. Price and warranty: Most of the people look price first whenever they will purchase anything. But in terms of safety gear, the price & warranty comes at the last point.
However, do you think an expensive helmet will give you better safety and security than a cheaper one? You need to pay attention to quality and you should not make your bank balance empty. Maintain a balance here.
Also, if the helmet comes with a warranty, that is a cool thing. Because happens to it or if it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can return it within the warranty period.
Do’s and Don’ts about Cleaning Motorcycle Helmet
Didn’t you spend several hours choosing your best motorcycle helmet under $200? Then you should spend your time doing the maintenance of your helmet. Otherwise, it will become funky and grimy., you will dislike it. But as you invested in it, follow below do’s and don’ts.
- While washing your helmet, use a mild shampoo like baby shampoo or laundry detergent.
- Use a towel to soak up the water. Make sure; the towel is soft.
- Use automotive polish to clean the glass.
- To clean the vents and joints, apply cotton mops.
- Give an air dry after giving a rinse to your helmet.
- Try Use harsh chemicals or soap to give a rinse.
- Use a hand dryer to dry the helmet.
- Use the ammonia-based cleaner.
As we love our life and we always want to save, that’s why we should take care of every organ of the body. Specially we must save our head from any injuries. It is very mandatory for motorcycle drivers. The above helmets are very quality full, long-lasting, durable & modern looking that chosen from the thousands of helmets. All are the best motorcycle helmets under $200. Just compare the pros-cons, features & benefits with every product to choose the best one. And buy one of them to take care of your head during motorcycle drive. But don’t forget to secure a motorcycle helmet from the thief.